Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Jaron’s Birth-day 2012


What another blessing to find out we were pregnant again for the second time!  We went to each grandparent's house and shared the news by having Ethan wear a shirt that had "Big Brother Dec. 2012" written on it! It was another smooth pregnancy, thank the Lord. It is always so neat when you feel a baby moving in your tummy! It is also amazing to see the detailed workings of the human body that the Lord has created in little baby form!


I wrote this on Feb. 2nd 2013; Jaron was 6 ½ weeks old.


I was thinking Jaron was coming on time because I felt like my body was more prepared.  But God had a different idea. And I had another opportunity to trust Him in the unknown of the situation.  Jaron’s due date was December 9th, three days before his cousin’s due date but his cousin was born on the 6th of December.  I again had to schedule an induction.  (December 18th)
When we first got to the hospital and last belly pic.
This time my cervix was dilated to 2 ½ cm and 50% effaced.  We went into the hospital at 8:00 am.  I was started on pitocin at 10am.  I wanted to go and walk around to help the pitocin work.  We walked back and forth twice and I was having pretty good contractions at that point so I decided to go in the room and sit on a birth/exercise ball.  At this point, I was unsure if I was going to get the epidural or not. Kyle and I were playing scramble (a game on the iPhone) in between contractions. During contractions, I would sit and sway on the ball trying to relax and take deep abdominal breaths.  Kyle was a great support and was massaging and pressing on my lower back during contractions.  My mom was a great support to Kyle, giving him what he needed to help me.  I asked for a popsicle at around 12 pm and finished half of it because the intensity of the contractions was increasing significantly.  The nurse checked me and I was at a 5!  I wasn't expecting that at all!  I was even telling Kyle… “Don’t feel bad if I am just at a 3.”  I was progressing pretty quickly and the doctor asked if I wanted my water broken and we said no.  Dr. Kim was our doctor and he was very understanding and cooperative with our wishes for our birth.  I think by this point they said that since I was in pretty active labor that they wouldn't turn up my pitocin and I was able to get through the contractions and breathe through them. I think at that point I told myself this pain is only temporary and I can do this with God’s strength.  I also think if my water had broken I may have gone with an epidural(because of my previous experience with Ethan) but I decided not to.  I stayed in bed after they checked me because after that my contractions got much stronger. I could tell I was in transition because I felt like I could just start balling, but I kept it in. I layed down and Kyle held my hand and told me encouraging things.
 After a little while, I was feeling “pushy” and they decided to check me. At which point I was dilated to 8 cm.   I remember once in-between contractions I sang “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” I tried to focus on the Lord and that this was a temporary pain and I would have my baby soon. It went pretty quick and they checked me after about 2-3 contractions and I was at a 9. My water broke on its own. The nurse called to the doctor and said to get in the room “we are going to have a baby and we are going to have it now.” Once I was ready to push, the doctor had not yet come in the room.  The nurse asked me to push once and said to stop right away.  Jaron was coming!  The doctor came into the room and barely had time to get his gown on and the bed wasn't broken down either (which was fine with me).  The doctor had me push once during a contraction and had me breath the rest of the time after that because our new baby boy was coming without really pushing.  Jaron was born at 2:41pm on December 18th.
It was a challenging and great experience and I was so happy to see and hold Jaron for the first time. I am so thankful to the Lord for the experience of having and raising children!
Daddy and Jaron

First family picture!


Going home!

No comments:

Post a Comment